Tuesday, April 4, 2017

MCOM #8: quarter-life crisis.

Friends. I'm here to tell you that I've been going through a quarter-life crisis.

What is a quarter-life crisis, you ask?

It's kind of like a mid-life crisis but happens at the quarter point of your life. AKA right now, for me. If you know me, you know I'm a planner. I plan every move, all the time. I don't like surprises and I don't like last minute decisions. I like knowing where I'm going to be, with whom I'll be, what I'm be doing... at all times. My life was planned out perfectly like two years ago. I got home from a mission, I took accounting prereqs, I planned my every move.

And then I started questioning it. Then a couple weeks later I didn't do well on an accounting exam. {I know, that sounds so dramatic. "wow, Erica, you didn't do well on one test. you'll survive.} YEAH BUT THIS IS DIFFERENT. Talk about questioning life choices. It's a hard thing having your life plan feel like it's coming down crashing around you.

Then to make matters worse, I went to my Eternal Families class {that's not the part that made it worse, no worries. I love that class.} Our professor brought up this talk.

Read the whole talk, it's awesome. During part of it, Elder Eyring's father says this: "You ought to find something that you love so much that when you don't have to think about anything, that's what you think about."

I can honestly tell you that usually accounting is my favorite class. But I definitely don't have a passion for accounting. I don't ponder about accounting.

Long story short... I don't really know what I'm doing with my life. Obviously I'm applying to the accounting program, but my little quarter-life crisis is forcing me to think about other options. Not that I really have time to switch my life plan. Juniors in college probably shouldn't do that.

So, folks, stay tuned.

Things I DO sit around and think about ^^^ Russian sunsets. Everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment