Sunday, April 9, 2017

MCOM #10: ted talks & happiness.

Have you noticed how much I love Ted Talks? Because I love Ted Talks. It's sort of a problem. But anyways, the other day, I watched this Ted Talk and I LOVE IT.


"Our external world is not predictive of our happiness." Think about that for a second.

"We need to reverse the formula for happiness and success...if happiness is on the opposite side of success, your brain never gets there."

GUYS I LOVE THIS. I like happiness. In fact, it's probably my favorite thing. But this talk is so true. I put happiness on the opposite side of success. That's why a couple weeks ago, {when success wasn't really a thing in my life} I felt miserable. But that's not the way to live. I'm at BYU! That by itself is incredible! This university is wonderful. And just because I wasn't seeing success, doesn't mean that I can't be happy.

I actually have lots of thoughts about happiness. But basically I'll just leave it at this. Happiness isn't something we get from our external world.

No comments:

Post a Comment