Tuesday, January 13, 2015

see ya in 18!

I'm off! Tonight I get set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and tomorrow I enter the Missionary Training Center (MTC). I love this gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I'm excited to learn everything I can and to love the Russian people and culture. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have over the next 18 months to devote my life, full-time, to this gospel. I know that the Book of Mormon is true more than anything else in my life. It goes hand-in-hand with the Bible to be the word of God on the Earth today. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and I love it.

I'm so thankful for my family. I'm so thankful for my friends. I'm so thankful for this gospel and how it has changed my life. See you in 18 months!


And while I'm gone, I want to hear from YOU!

email: 
     erica{dot}decker{at}ldsmail{dot}net
***I'm allowed to email one day a week. I have limited time so I will be sending a mass email every week. If you would like to be on the list, let me know! Or if you just want to shoot me an email {DO IT} I'll reply! I will not have a missionary blog like many other missionaries due to mission rules for my safety and that of the members/investigators of the church in Russia.

address:

Dear Elder {january 2015 - mid-march 2015} They will print your letter and give it to me THAT DAY! And it's free.
     -> go to dearelder.com
     -> on the top of the page, choose "write a letter"
     -> in the letter selection, choose "Provo MTC", then "write a missionary"
     -> fill in your information
     -> then my name as "Sister Erica Decker"
     -> unit number "4", mission code "RUS-MOS", MTC departure date "Mar 17"
     -> then write a letter in the box and send it!

MTC {january 2015 - mid-march 2015}
     Sister Erica Michelle Decker
     Mar 17 RUS-MOS
     2005 N 900 E Unit 4
     Provo, UT 84602

Mission home - letters {mid-march 2015 - july 2016}
     Sister Erica Michelle Decker
     Russia Moscow Mission
     Muravskaya St
     Moscow
     Moscow 125310
     Russia

Mission home - packages {mid-march 2015 - july 2016}
     Sister Erica Michelle Decker
     Russia Moscow Mission
     Muravskaya St, 1 D, Floor 3
     Moscow
     Moscow 125310
     Russia
     phone: 7 499-424-0180 {this number has to be part of the address, too}

Oh, and as a going away present for me, you should get yourself a FREE Book of Mormon and read it! Then send me a letter and I'll be so happy I'll probably cry. Do it. It's my favorite book in the whole world. Oh, and also check out mormon.org. It's a cool place. And my mormon.org site!

No comments:

Post a Comment