Friday, September 26, 2014

day trips and other things.

the last couple days have been full of Buckingham Palace state room tours, paper writing, homework, adventures, and lots & lots of laughter. plus a day trip to the Isle of Wight!

There are flowers everywhere you look, here in London. And I love it.


Buckingham Palace!




We went to St. Martins in-the-feilds for a string concert! I was thoroughly disappointed. but the tickets were only 8 pounds {only} so I shouldn't have expected so much. Everyone else seemed to like it, so maybe I was just being too picky? It probably was too much to ask for a concert master to play in tune and hit mostly right notes. how dare I? sorry, that sounded sassy... they also played the Bach Double {my favorite piece I ever played in Suzuki} and I'm pretty sure Kelly and I played it better in the talent show 4 years ago... so yeah. they also played my favorite song from Pride and Prejudice. and also ruined it. sadness.


Hannah turned 20! SHE WAS ALSO CALLED TO CHILE ON HER MISSION WHOOOHOO!

we basically live in mini russia. there are two Russian embassy houses within a 3 minute walk of the center. The next street over is St. Petersburge St and the street that our neighborhood runs into is Moscow Road. It was meant to be!

studying for dayz.

Our first sunday at church! It's taken us an average of an hour and a half each way to get there, but it is so worth it! This ward seems amazing and I can't wait to get to know them more!
DAY TRIP

We swam in Queen Victoria's private beach. and walked through the Osbourne House. and saw the little playhouse they built their children {which is literally about half the size of my real house. THE KIDS HAD TOY CHINA TO PLAY WITH. no one can ever complain about me being spoiled. I was stuck playing with plastic plates and these kids had a full size play house. I demand a childhood redo. soo} {I was kidding about the childhood redo. I'm a pretty blessed person compared to most of the world}

Learning experience: a study abroad gives you such a new perspective of professors. guys, they're real people. They go swimming in the freezing cold ocean with everyone. they eat ice cream and tell us funny quotes. they tell you about their favorite apps {thanks Sis Benfell... most useful free app download ever} and they give you life advice. and I adore it. It's a weird mixture between teacher/parent/friend figure.

where's your backpack been?








Jill the donkey. new friend. super cool.

ferry ride!

Professor Benfell's quote of the day {as we were purchasing ice cream on the beach}: "Let us not rush to war as Mormon's rush to ice cream" *laughing hysterically*

Wow... these posts are getting shorter and shorter with more and more pictures. Anyways, I LOVE ENGLAND. the end. see ya later. Next will be adventures from our trip to wales//preston//liverpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment