Thursday, May 23, 2013

seminary graduation.

 So... goodbye to seminary. If you're thinking "what the heck is this seminary that she keeps talking about?!?" then let me tell you something... seminary is a church class that high-school aged kids from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Mormon) attend 5 days a week. Depending where you live, seminary times are different. Some places, like Utah, get release time seminary, which is during the school day. However, because there aren't many Mormon youth where I live, I had early-morning seminary.  It could have been even earlier, but the first three years of seminary started at 7 a.m. and this year was at 7:10. EVERY SINGLE DAY BEFORE SCHOOL. There are four years of seminary, so each year we study something different. My Freshman year was the Book of Mormon, Sophomore was the Doctrine and Covenants, Junior was Old Testament, and this year was the New Testament. I can honestly say that I probably read almost every single chapter in all of those books.
I wish I could say that I always had a great attitude... however, that's not true. Sometimes (especially this year during tennis season) I would get to bed at 2 or 3, then have to wake up for seminary. NOT GOOD I TELL YOU. But you know what? I'm glad I stuck with it. Seminary taught me a lot. From being able to eat breakfast/get ready in 12 minutes flat, to learning more about the scriptures and increasing my faith, I wouldn't trade it for the world. So here's a goodbye to all those early-morning scripture studies, scripture mastery games, donuts on fridays, and getting to be closer with the youth my age. I loved it!


Sincerely,
Erica Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment