Sunday, February 24, 2013

church.

well, today at church, we had one of the best lessons EVER.

We read this talk by Dieter F. Uchtodorf. It was seriously the best talk i've ever heard in my life... i know i listened to it when he gave it, but it is soo amazing and for some crazy reason i had forgotten about it. (click for a link)

Here is a video of it:




(skip to 2:40)

It seriously was amazing. It really made me think about the way i'm living my life.

She ended with this quote by Bishop H. Burke Peterson:

"My dear friends, you are a royal generation. You were preserved to come to the earth in this time for a special purpose. Not just a few of you, but all of you. There are things for each of you to do that no one else can do as well as you... If you will let Him, I testify that our Father in Heaven will walk with you through the journey of life and inspire you to know your special purpose here."

Most importantly, I know my goal is to get here:

     (google images: Oquirrh Mountain Temple)
and I need to live my life so I can. So I made a deal with myself, and I know I'll feel accountable if I put it on here, where anyone can read it. I'm going to live my life worthily. I'm not saying I wasn't already, but, as my mom says, we need to live a "celestial" life, not anything less.

sincerely,
erica michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment